Strengthening Music in Society provides musicians, music students and those working in the music education sector with resources and tools. We want to help you and Higher Music Education Institutions to strengthen the social relevance of music education and improve access to music education, but also strengthen the impact of music, art, culture and cultural education on society.
The material published on this website are outcomes of the project Strengthening Music in Society (SMS), conducted by the Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC) and supported by the Creative Europe programme.
The material provided on this website is divided into different themes and can be used for different purposes:
- to raise the social responsibility of artists and to advocate for the arts at different government levels
- to open the HMEIs’ educational offer towards more diversity
- to embed entrepreneurial skills in the education of the music students for their future as professional musicians
- to help students and teachers internationalise their careers
- to explore and discuss new Learning and Teaching models
- to encourage the use of digital media and digital-based learning tools in music teaching
- to increase the quality of early childhood music education, and thus extend the audience of tomorrow.